Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Are you ready for "Romance with purpose"?

So I went to one of my favorite bookstore (Vines and the Branches) to find and buy a devotional book. And I found this book, "Boy meets Girl" by Joshua Harris. It's a book about courtship, it is filled with stories of ordinary people who are choosing to honor God in the real-life details of their love lives, from agonizing questions about the timing of a relationship. 
The book is is in three sections: 
The part one defines the basic principles of courtship. We'll see how when we allow wisdom to guide our intense romantic feelings, our relationship are blessed by patience, purpose and a clear grasp of reality.
The part two jumps into the practical issues of what to do as the season of courtship unfolds. We'll learn how to grow closer, but still guard our hearts in important areas like friendship, communications, fellowship and romance.
The part three helps couples who are getting more serious to move towards marriage in a God-honoring way. We'll see how God's grace can help us face sin from our past. 
I just read Chapter one already and its beautiful. I'm hoping this book can help me how to wait for my own romance with purpose and I'm really hoping that it'll inspire me. So I can share this with my friends who are single too. :)


Xoxo, Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment